Are you or your staff struggling with compassion fatigue, burnout, or traumatic stress?
Want to build resiliency and reignite your passion for helping animals?
Looking for convenient and affordable training options?
Then grab yourself a seat on The Compassion Fatigue Couch!
- Webinars and online mini courses on topics such as compassion fatigue, burnout, traumatic stress, depression, anxiety, setting boundaries, time management, grief, teamwork, and more! Presented by professional counselor and former ACO/shelter worker Jen Blough and other guest experts.
- Online support groups (separate groups for staff/volunteers and management)
- Community forum and private Facebook group to foster friendships, engagement, and support.
- Worksheets and assessments to promote further learning and implementing skills.
- Monthly self-care challenges.
- "Members only" discounts, perks, and prizes.
What The Compassion Fatigue Couch is:
- A safe, supportive, and nonjudgmental space
- A way to connect with like-minded people to gain support and develop friendships
- A convenient and affordable way to learn about, manage, and prevent compassion fatigue, burnout, and traumatic stress from a licensed mental health professional and other guest experts. Plus everything's online, so it's pandemic proof!
- A way to relax, recharge, and have fun!
What The Compassion Fatigue Couch is NOT:
- A space you'll find drama, gossip, backstabbing, or throwing others under the bus.
- A space where infighting takes place between different organizations, volunteer vs. staff, etc. We're all in this together!
- A space you'll encounter shaming, bullying, judgment, or other malarkey.
Who is The Compassion Fatigue Couch For?
All animal advocates welcome!
- Shelter/sanctuary staff
- Animal rescuers
- Veterinary staff
- Animal control officers
- Cruelty investigators
- Animal caregivers
- Volunteers and foster parents
- Wildlife rehabbers
- TNR/Community cats advocates
- Animal rights activists
- Ethical vegetarians and vegans
- Animal attorneys
- Dog walkers
- Animal companion sitters
- Animal companion trainers
- Therapists who work with animal welfare/rights/vegan clients
- And anyone else who's passionate about helping and protecting animals!
Get Your Freebies!
Think you might be struggling with compassion fatigue? Sign up to get your free Compassion Fatigue Care Package: symptom check list, guided meditation, and self-care e-journal!
Take a Tour!